Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Morgen-Being Potty Trained

     So, my sister got me hooked on this song that she made up with the music line being the same as the Tootsie Roll by 69 Boyz, toward the end of the song. The song she made was so funny because it was one of those drunk, awkward times that people create weird things. So, she was listening to the song and starting changing the lyrics to fit into how she felt at the moment. The change of lyrics was, "I feel a poo coming on." And she started dancing and goofing off. And it was hilarious to see her swaying and singing that, all the way to the bathroom. I still remember it vividly to this day.

     Years later when my son was in the time of being potty trained, it came back to me when I heard that song playing on the radio. I started laughing so hard that I almost wet myself. My son couldn't understand, but my mom started laughing as well, knowing what I was referring to. So, after I calm down he says, "I gotta potty!" So, he sits on the toilet and started "reading" a book like his grandma does when she watches him. I go in there and starting singing, "I feel-a poo coming on," trying to coax him to start singing it to. OMG I started rolling. In his little baby voice, not quite correctly pronouncing words; it was hilarious. I actually got him on video saying it. I thought it was so funny, I posted it on Facebook.

     To this day, he still sings it, but not quite as loudly when we are in public. That little song still brings a grin and laughter outta me when I hear it.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great topic!
    I have one to share.
    When my daughter Sylvie was around three years old she used to call me "honey," instead of mommy, how cute is that! One day when she was around that same age, I was in the bathroom doing my hair, and Sylvie was walking through the house calling for me. Before I could answer she opened the door and exclaimed, "there you are, I'm so happy to see you."
    Stories like these are so special, they even get passed down through generations. I often tell my own children stories of things that my siblings and I said when we were little.

    ReplyDelete